Friday, December 24, 2010

The Twelve Days of Festivus: Day Twelve

THE TWELVE DAYS OF FESTIVUS

Day Twelve: Grade Twelve


Grade twelve. I'd come a long way to get there. And as my reward, grade twelve sailed through without a hitch. The only real negative to my grade twelve experiences was that my girlfriend of two years had moved away to Florida, and despite trying to make a long distance thing work, it did not. Oh, and Chemistry 30 was the only course I ever failed...EVER. Not that I needed it to graduate or anything. I was just shocked that I failed. Stupid Mrs. Chastko (or was it Chastiko?)...a person who was as much a turtle as she was a human being. Little hunched lady with big glasses and a constant frown. She was a turtle. And she failed me in Chemistry 30.
Graduation day came and it was a wild rush. I had worn a cheap white dress shirt that was see-through (whoops) and white socks with black pants (whoops x2), but no one seemed to notice or care. In the library before the ceremony, we grade twelve students goofed off and joked, occasionally providing silly poses for the year book committee to sift through at their leisure. The graduation cap felt good. I was excited to be done with school but scared to have to enter the real world. Oh well, time waits for no man. I was going to graduate.
The ceremony itself was pretty lame. Someone decided Mariah Carey's "Hero" was a great song for graduation and the theme of our graduation was "A Hero Lies in You." It was okay. We all took our turns going up on the stage to accept our diplomas from Hitler and then sat down. Once everyone had their walk on stage, we all tossed our caps in the air. It was lackluster.
Once the ceremony concluded, Dean and I decided that we didn't want to hang around outside and hobnob with all the students, faculty, and parents. It wasn't our scene. We detoured from the masses when we got in the hallway and made our escape out a back door. Dean drove me home and then left to return to his home. Sadly, I didn't have my bloody key, so I had to sit on the balcony for a half hour until my parents returned home.
With that, so ended grade school.

And with that, so ends my blog. It's been a fun few months and great to share all these stories, whether funny, sad, or shocking. I hope you enjoyed reading my entries as much as I enjoyed writing them. Thank you for taking the time to learn a bit about me. I appreciate it!


FINI










BUT WAIT! Can you feel it? That warm, fuzzy feeling in the pit of your stomach? No, that's not diarrhea or gas. It's a touchy-feely, feel-good feeling of feeling feelings! But why would you get such feelings at this time? And has the word feeling lost all meaning to you because of my overuse?


Anyway, the answer is simple! It's a Festivus Miracle!

As my Festivus gift to you all, I've decided not to end my blog after all. While brainstorming for ideas of what to write over these last twelve days, I've realized that I still have SO MUCH to share. And share I shall.
While I will be taking a break from writing for a few days, as it is the Festivus holiday season, I'll be back in the new year with some great new tales of adventure, intrigue, and WTFisms.

Have a Happy Festivus and a fantastic new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment